Aids to look for sufferers minus the eye that is currently often used are contact lenses. Because of its shape that resembles the corner of the eye, this one object is considered more practical and has benefits that are not much different from glasses.
However, although contact lenses can be used as a minus eye solution, you should consult optometrist Sutherland before using it. This action is done so that the minus eye size that you experience can be known accurately.
After that, the next step is to choose the most appropriate contact lenses to use to overcome the minus eyes experienced. In this case, some things that you should pay attention to are:
1. Types of contact lenses
Currently, there are two types of contact lenses sold on the market, namely soft and hard contact lenses. Some people choose soft contact lenses because their use is easier than hard ones.
2. Minus the size of the eye
Contact lenses are generally sold all at once in one box, with the same size. Now, if the minus size of your left and right eyes have differences above 0.25, buy 2 boxes of contact lenses of different sizes.
3. Moisture content on contact lenses
Contact lenses with a moisture content above 50% can easily draw fluids from your eyes. The use of contact lenses like this can result in dry eyes, especially if used for a long time or indeed the condition of your eyes have been dry from the start.
If you have a normal eye condition, it is OK if you want to use contact lenses with high water content.
4. The size of the contact lens diameter
Today many contact lenses are sold in large diameters to make users look like doll eyes. Unfortunately, the larger the diameter of the contact lens, the more the eye is covered by it. As a result, the cornea (eyeball) does not get enough air so that it can cause symptoms of swollen eyes or even vision problems.
5. Know the exact position of contact lenses
If when you blink contact lenses move a little, then that is a good sign. This is because it means that the contact lens you are using provides an opening for tears to flush the dirt in the eyes. Also, if the contact lens moves slightly when you blink, the exchange of air between the cornea and contact lenses is more optimal.
Contact lenses also need to be treated, so that their functions are maintained properly. Some things you should consider about contact lens care are:
- Clean hands before handling contact lenses. Make sure you wash your hands with soap and running water before attaching and removing contact lenses to the eyes.
- Remove contact lenses if you want to sleep. When you want to sleep at night, immediately remove contact lenses that were used. Medical is strongly discouraged from using contact lenses during sleep because it can trigger irritation in the eyeball.
- Store and clean contact lenses thoroughly. Clean contact lenses regularly and regularly, in a good and right way. Because, if the cleanliness of contact lenses is not maintained properly, dust or germs around can stick and increase the risk of eye disease.
- Do not soak contact lenses with plain water. To keep contact lenses in place, you need to rinse and soak them with special liquids. You are not advised to rinse and soak your contact lenses with plain water, even if it is boiled water. This is because ordinary water has a different content, and instead makes contact lenses damaged or dry if applied to the eye.
Even though you have used contact lenses for the right minus eye and cared for them properly, you should still consult an eye doctor regularly. This is done to prevent the things that are not desirable, which in turn can damage the condition of your eyes and vision function. Also, you are not recommended to use contact lenses continuously. It would be better if contact lenses are used interchangeably with glasses so that the health of your sense of sight is always maintained.