Managing Your Online Business Through Your Phone
If you consider the advantages of purchasing a new phone system for your business or improving on the already provided service, you need to consider your needs carefully. You would have to take into consideration:
- Your infrastructure
- Acceptance and training
- The potential for improving existing productivity levels
- The needs of the user
- Long term implications
- Network compatibility
You would also need to consider that changes are expected in the coming years, which would have several effects on the traditional UK telephone network, which would be replaced by digital services in 2025.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a New Business Phone System
- You need to consider whether you require a full phone system with physical telephones or if a virtual phone service would be preferable. It can be achieved by
- If you need an actual telephone, the size of the system should also be considered. How many lines and extensions would be required? One line for every four or five extensions is enough depending on how telephone-based your system is. Do you need your lines to be connected to your main business number, or is a direct dial-into individual extension preferable?
- Consider how your business needs would change over time and how many employees would cater to the future.
- The features and capabilities your system should have are also considered.
- The importance of mobile services is also taken into consideration. A suitable one would then be chosen.
After your business system requirements are considered, the right telecom supplier would then be chosen for your business.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones in Business
As you are consideringwith no money or any other kind of business, you need to consider using a mobile phone in the process. Mobile phones are generally considered a vital piece of many businesses, both for the owners and staff, but while offering several advantages, they also come with their challenges.
- Using mobile phones in business improves business productivity, mobility, safety, and morale of your staff. They also help to:
- Improve customer service
- Creates constant contact between the office, customers, and
- It makes the chance for work to be conducted remotely either from home or away from the office.
- Having a constant connection to the internet through phones or laptops can provide employees with greater flexibility.
- Significant business challenges could arise due to the use of mobile phones at work. It includes:
- Workflow disruption: constant communication in the form of personal and work-related calls can disturb employee’s workflow and decrease their productivity.
- Compromised work-life balance: the catch that comes with being available at all hours is disrupting your employees’ personal life, especially if they receive calls outside working hours.
- Costs: the cost of providing mobile phones for your workforce can be expensive. However, you can enable features on your handsets and SIM cards that would restrict the use of the phones to business purposes only.
- Legal issues: the law prohibits the use of handheld phones while driving. If a need arises for your staff to use their phones while driving on duty, they will end up committing an offence.